Wed, Feb 22|
DIY Motor Mechanics Level 1 22nd Feb Pre launch
This hands-on course will help you understand what regular maintenance your car needs and how to either DIY or know when it’s done right and what is should cost. And what you need to know when buying a car.
Time & Location
Feb 22, 2023, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM GMT+11
Mulgoa, 262 Park River Cl, Mulgoa NSW 2745, Australia
About the event
Car Maintenance Workshops with Graham
In these courses motor mechanic Graham, with over 35 years as qualified mechanic, will teach you how to care and repair your vehicle, reduce trips to the mechanic, and how to confidently discuss your car’s service and repair requirements with mechanics to help save you $$$$
- Level 1 - Basic Car Maintenance
- Level 2 - Intermediate maintenance/replacement of wear items – lets find & fix faults
- Level 3 - Vehicle Diagnostics and complex component overhaul/repair
Cost: Each course is $250 or you can purchase all three levels for $600. You will receive a certificate of completion at each level. You must complete each level in succession or demonstrate mechanical know how to proceed to the next level.
Each course runs for 6 hour in workshop environment with lunch included;
This hands-on course will help you understand what regular maintenance your car needs and how to either do it yourself or know when it’s done right and what is should cost.
Level 1 will include identification, engine tuning, brakes, tyres and safety inspections as well what you need to know when buying or selling a car.
This is an extensive workshop for the beginner mechanic, and will cover:
Level 1 – Basic Car Maintenance
How the engine works and Vehicle components and identification
- Lights – Headlight, Indicators/Hazard, Brake, Reverse & Fog/Park
- Battery and charging system/understanding symptoms
- Tyres / changing them / tyre sizes / wheel alignments / pressures /spare
- Raising the vehicle bonnet –
Radiator hoses — check for leaks and cracking
Engine air filter — check that it is clean
Fan belts —loose or squeaking on start-up?
5. Inspecting/replacing windscreen wipers
6. Fluid top-ups (Engine oil, Radiator coolant, Brake fluid, Power Steering fluid, Windscreen washer fluid, Clutch Fluid
8. Different types of fuels 98 or 91? What’s more efficient for the car
9. Preventative maintenance Checklists
10. Talk the talk – learn the mechanics’ vocabulary!
11. Logbook servicing
12. Warranties/knowing your rights (all levels)
The day starts 10am sharp until 4pm with a half hour lunch break max. The courses are not for children under 18 for safety reasons.
We will be operating under the rules of magna carta 1215, which should allow us to be left alone and avoid all the unnecessary legal restrictions and costs, but anyone attending must also respect the common law rules of the following:
Do no harm
Cause no loss
Commit no fraud
Keep the peace.
Payment: Payment can be made to MySelf Reliance bsb: 112 879 account: 419 377 675
Be sure to include your name when making the payment.