Sun, May 22|
Plant-focused Survival With Jake CASSAR- Sunday 22nd- 23rd May
Learn how to use a wide variety of useful wild plants from one of Australia's most experienced teachers - Jake Cassar.
Time & Location
May 22, 2022, 10:00 AM – May 23, 2022, 4:05 PM
Central Mangrove, Mangrove Mountain, Central Mangrove NSW 2250, Australia
About the event
This is a full weekend Course with plenty of information for everyone to help them to get started on their journey of safe and sustainable foraging and bushcraft skills. Jake will be cramming in as much information as possible, so be prepared to take a lot of notes.
Plant-based Survival - Weekend Course Jake Cassar Bushcraft (JCB) acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and Elders past, present and emerging. JCB strives to interact with the land and all its inhabitants with the utmost respect.
Even though this is a 2 day / one-night event, we are offering the option to set up camp Friday afternoon at no extra cost.
Cost (for over 15+ only): $300pp for full weekend experience. Details for how to pay will come in an email after the registration form is submitted. There is a limit of 10 people in the course.
You will learn how to use a wide variety of useful wild plants from one of Australia's most experienced teachers.
While this is an introductory weekend course, it is arguably one of Australia's most comprehensive courses for edible and medicinal, native and introduced plants (weeds). This interactive, upbeat and informative weekend with Jake is designed for you to:
- understand how to establish and maintain a mutually beneficial relationship with the land and all its inhabitants
- be educated and build confidence regarding edible and medicinal native and introduced plants
- tips on safe and sustainable foraging
- tracking & survival skills
- preparation ideas and tasting wildfood
- sustainability & environmental awareness
- discover various bird calls and information regarding other wildlife in the area
- campfire stories, music and bushcraft related discussions
** PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING TICKET: **
- Not suitable for kids. This event is only suitable for ages 15+ (we ask you kindly to please not bring young kids to this particular course)
- The location is not easily accessible by public transport. Coming by car is strongly recommended
- The parking spot is best accessed by 4WD but we can accommodate a 2 wheel drive.
- You will have access to campfire if you wish to cook (using your own campfire utensils)
- The hikes / walks are are not too far from the bushcamp and are suitable for all fitness levels
- The location is in a fairly remote area where there is no electricity, no amenities (pit toilets) and very limited phone reception. It would be worth letting friends and family know that you may not be contactable during that time (Jake can connect to a network if there is an emergency)
- We request that you please take all your own rubbish away with you
- No dogs or animals are permitted
All events go ahead rain, hail or shine!
** More about Jake Cassar ** Jake has been described as an encyclopedia of bush knowledge, earning this reputation by spending months at a time living in the bush and subsiding largely from only what he can hunt, catch and gather. Jake has worked with Aboriginal groups across Australia, former military trackers, and also did a week of training with American tracking legend, Tom Brown junior.
With over 26 years of experience doing survival missions into remote areas, Jake is considered by many to be one of Australia's foremost authorities on edible and medicinal wild plants. As a conservationist, tracker and bushcraft teacher, Jake has featured on the History Chanel, BBC Radio (International) SBS (The Feed), ABC, National Indigenous Television, the Today Show on Chanel 9 and many more.
A political activist and award winning conservationist known for significant environmental wins including creating new #NationalParks on the #CentralCoast and protecting other large areas of bushland, Jake's personal stories are sure to captivate and inspire.
Jake is raw, upbeat, authentic (albeit a bit rough around the edges) and will take you on a journey of discovery that is GUARANTEED to change the way you look at the Aussie bush forever!
'We all have a role to play in creating a safe and sustainable future for our children. Indeed it is our ultimate responsibility.' Jake Cassar